Cavities damage your teeth, slowly and subsequently if unnoticed. However, if any one of your teeth is carious, it is unlikely that any other tooth will turn carious as a result. Cavities are caused by acids produced by oral bacteria, leading to degradation of the outer layer of the teeth, initially the enamel, and then subsequently spreading over the dentin and beyond. Cavities in between the teeth are more damaging and difficult to detect.
Dental decay or cavities are preventable. The basic way to prevent decay and gum disease is to remove the cause, plaque. Below are some ways:
1. Brush twice a day with fluoride-containing toothpaste. Preferably, after eating anything with carbohydrates, brush your teeth and gums with an empty toothbrush. So that any traces of food, shall be wiped out. Also, brush before going to bed.
2. Correct flossing techniques along with brushing go a long way in preventing cavities.
3. Do rinses your mouth after you eat anything because you won’t realize how much of the food fragments would be sticking to your tooth.
4. If you find some tooth discoloration do visit a dentist. Early detection and treatment are highly effective in preventing caries progression.
5. Clean between your teeth daily with dental floss or interdental cleaners recommended by the dentist.
6. Rinse daily with a fluoride-containing mouthwash, these antiseptic ingredients to help kill bacteria that cause plaque.
7. Eat nutritious and balanced meals and limit snacks. Avoid carbohydrates that can remain on the tooth surface. If sticky foods are eaten, brush your teeth soon afterward.
8. Check with your dentist about the use of supplemental fluoride, which strengthens your teeth.
9. Use dental sealants (a plastic protective coating) applied to the chewing surfaces of your back teeth (molars) to protect them from decay.
10.Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams. If the cavity exists you have to get a root canal treatment done before it reaches the root. Root cavities mostly result in the extraction of the tooth. Follow Regular dental check-ups, twice a year at least
Get the Teeth Cleaning Treatment Noida. Dr. Shalini Jain provides comprehensive dental service to create and maintain a beautiful healthy smile and building long term relations with her patients.